A home remodel is an exciting business. Seeing your ideas transform into reality is incredibly satisfying, and a good contractor can make that magic happen.
But with so many Fairfax County contractors to choose from, how can you be sure you’re making the right choice?
For Us, It’s All About Relationships
As a trusted Virginia contractor for more than 30 years, we stake our reputation on relationships. Our customers are more than just homeowners. Each is an individual who is investing a lot into their home and their legacy. We recognize this commitment because we share a common goal – to achieve a result that is beautiful, functional, and that adds value in every way possible.
Ultimately, we strive to deliver peace of mind from start to finish. Whether your new construction is small and simple or a complete reimagining of your house, our approach ensures your project finishes on time, on budget, and that the result is even better than expected.
The Qualities of a Great Contractor
Choosing a contractor is like choosing a doctor – or anyone who you depend on to give you sound advice. Choose well, and you’ll never have to worry. Choose poorly, and it could cost you a lot of money, legal problems, and worse.
Here are some of the qualities you should look for in a contractor:
- Their reputation will speak for itself. If your contractor has been in business for a long time, they will have great results to show and fantastic reviews from their clients. When choosing a contractor, look for accolades and check out their past work – because it’s probably in your neighborhood.
- A great contractor will always tell you the truth. Even when the news is challenging, a great contractor will be truthful about it. Some contractors will try to gloss over reality to avoid uncomfortable conversations, but delaying the inevitable is never the right approach. Whether it’s about changing the timeline, budget concerns, or adjusting expectations, we will always give you the straight goods. Granted, it’s human nature to want to deliver only good news, but we’ll only do what’s right and what’s necessary.
- Strategic Planning and Processes. As a dedicated design-build firm, we apply a proven planning process to ensure a predictable timeline and result. We bring together stakeholders from every discipline to weigh in on their part in the build. This way, we anticipate problems, minimize surprises, maximize our efficiency, and make the most of your budget.
We begin by meeting with you and getting to know what your goals are for the project. We want to share your vision and to help you ideate the remodel or new build of your dreams. Going forward, everything we do will refer back to our initial conversations. This approach ensures your project stays on track, right through to the final coat of paint.
- Nimble Problem Solving Expertise. One of the hallmarks of a great contractor is their ability to adapt to problems as they arise. When we’re dealing with older homes, especially, this is a critical trait. You just never know what you’re going to find when you open up an old wall!
We always suggest having a bit of a cushion in the budget. This way, we can address problems without impacting the overall budget and timelines. Our team, collectively, are expert problem-solvers. Whatever solution we suggest, it won’t just be a patch-job, it will be one that serves you well for years to come.
- Passion for Building and Design. When a contractor is passionate about what they do – the process and the result in equal measure – you know that they will always do right by you. We love nothing more than to turn a vision into reality. It’s a source of pride and satisfaction for us and nothing but the best will do.
Foley is a family-owned-and-operated business serving Fairfax, Arlington, and surrounding counties for more than 30 years. We live in Northern Virginia ourselves, so our customers are our friends and neighbors. Most of them will tell you how incredibly passionate we are about what we do, either before or after telling you what an incredible job we did on their home.
We built our success on referrals from satisfied homeowners. That fact alone speak volumes about who we are, what we stand for, and our passion for building and design.
If you have questions about what we do, how we do it, or if you’d like to schedule a conversation to talk about your next home improvement project, reach out today.